All the trekking equipments, gears and accessories can be bought or hired in Kathmandu. Alternatively, if you so wish, you may bring your own set of trekking gears and accessories. However, you may not need all the gears and accessories described here. There’re written here for your reference only. Feel free to ask us for your specific needs.
- Lightweight walking boots. If new one is being bought, “walk them in” to avoid blisters. Also bring spare laces.
- A pair of track shoes. To wear in the camp at night or when the boot is wet.
- Warm jacket. Fiber fill or down should be adequate. This is especially necessary during winter from December to February.
- A rainproof jacket with hood or a poncho. Get the one that is guaranteed waterproof.
- Woolen shirts and thick sweaters. During winter months, December through February these items are essential. Thick sweaters can be purchased in Kathmandu.
- A pair of lightweight/ heavy weight trousers. Jeans are unsuitable to wear on treks. Cheap loose cotton pants are available in Kathmandu.
- Heavyweight trousers are useful higher up in the mountains in the morning and at night. Windproof/ waterproof trousers are necessary on all treks going above 10.00ft.
- Thermal underwear. These are excellent to sleep in at night in the winter months thermal underwear are quite invaluable.
- A tracksuit useful for wearing in camp and in the tent.
- 2 pair of loose fitting long shorts/ skirts.
- 1 lightweight long sleeved –shirt is particularly suitable for avoiding sun burn.
- A woolen hat to wear in the morning and at night. During winter it is an essential item. A sunhat and ensure it has a wide brim to cover the face and neck.
- A pair of gloves. Leather with lining and woolen are best.
- 1 pair of sandals to wear in the cities and in camp.
- 2 pairs of thin and 2 pair of thick woolen socks.
- “Underwear” normal quantity and swimming costume, hankies.
Equipment and Accessories
- Duffle bag or kit bag to carry to gear while trekking.
- Daypack: This is a small rucksack to carry personal requirement for the day e.g. toilet items, camera, film towel, soap, a boot etc.
- Water bottle
- Snow glasses and sunglasses
- 2-4 large plastic bags to separate clean clothes from dirty ones. 6-10 smaller plastic bags to dispose garbage.
- Wallet and /or money belt with compartment for coins.
- Toiletries with large and small towels. Toilet paper can be by in Kathmandu and some villages in the mountains.
- Small headlamp and/ or torch with spare batteries and bulbs candles and lighter to burn toilet paper.
- Snow gaiters essential during wither and all treks going over at other times.
- An umbrella (optional), which is quite useful as a sunshade and useful when it rains.
- Reading materials, camera and film, game items (optional), note book, rubber band, pen and pencil, envelopes, a diary, a calendar, a pocket knife, binoculars (optional), a small pillow or headrest (optional). Thermoses (optional) - an inflatable sleeping mat, trekking map, adequate quantities of passport photograph